Ron Smith – Australian Football Coaching Icon, this year we were very fortunate to have one of the most high profile football coaches in the country come down to the Illawarra to present the 7 Habits of Highly Successful players to our coaches and also present a High Performance Camp to a select number of Youth Players.
In a first for the Illawarra we were fortunate enough to have Ron travel to the Illawarra and present a Professional Insight into International Football including insights into the Australian Team and players & also the World Cup where Ron has been the Technical Analyst for the Socceroos for Many Years, Was at the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport as Head Coach) for more than a decade and has worked with many A-league Coaches like Graham Arnold, Frank Farina, Mike Mulvey, Ernie Merrick. Also National Coaches in the past including Guus Hiddink, Pim Verbeek & Holger Osieck.
Ron has coached & mentored the golden generation of players including Harry Kewell, Tim Cahill, Lucas Neill, Craig Moore, John Aloisi, Vince Grella, Mark Viduka and up and coming Super Star Tommy Rogic. There is no other name bigger in Australian Football Coaching then Ron Smith and we have had the pleasure of Ron’s company and several days of High Performance Coaching lectures, presentation & Youth Workshop.
Ron’s CV is astounding:
- Technical Analyst
- 2011-2013 World Cup Qualifications
- 2012 Olympic Team Qualification
- 2011 Asia Cup Finals Qatar
- 2010 World Cup South Africa
- 2008 Olympic Games Beijing
- 2006 World Cup Germany
- 2005 Confederations Cup
- 2004 Olympic Games Athens
- 2008 Ass. Coach Olympic Team
- 2006-07 Coach Perth Glory
- 2004-2006 Football Federation Australia
- 2002-2004 Consulting FFA AIS JFC
- 1999-2002 FA Malaysia
- 1995-1197 Sabah FC Malaysia
- 1982-1995 AIS Australian Institute of Sport